{Kan} Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterMediaGalleryLog in

problem guys!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
THE BOOG

problem guys! Empty
PostSubject: problem guys!   problem guys! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 12:42 am

it says just now, that i gotta download some stuff... ok no problem for me, but i click yes so that it will download it, and it doesn't do anything except take me to server list when i click yes, and normally after 5 times downloading stuff for the kan server, it screws me in the butt. lol can ne1 figure it out.. i dunno wat to do.

problem guys! 459551 problem guys! 459551 problem guys! 459551 problem guys! 752312 problem guys! 752312 problem guys! 752312 problem guys! 752312 problem guys! 752312
Back to top Go down
THE BEAS

problem guys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: problem guys!   problem guys! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 8:44 am

hmm
you always seem to have a problem, strange
anyway when u click yes to download and hopefully another message comes up, but b4 u click on anything bring down the console and let me know if any errors
also i have uploaded three maps d3_outerlimits, combat_box & d3dm13_1.1, if you already have these, delete them from your base directory again and try to reconnect
btw when u press the download, does it actually download anything?
Back to top Go down
THE G()|)F/\T|=|ER {KAN}
THE G()|)F/\T|=|ER {KAN}

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-07-12

problem guys! Empty
PostSubject: problem guys!   problem guys! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 9:32 am

Strange!
Also, deactivate any antivirus program or firewall you may have, this might be blocking any downloads. And do what beast says, bring down the console ctrl+alt+tilde and tell us what it says. (tilde key is usually the key before the number 1 key)
Back to top Go down
Let's Rumble {KAN}

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2007-06-24

problem guys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: problem guys!   problem guys! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:27 pm

If you still have problems after trying what Beast and GF have posted, it's possible Windows security could be interfering with the download.

My system was behaving exactly like yours is .. the download was failing because access to the doom 3 files was restricted by my OS (Vista). May or may not be same thing in XP, depending on the account you are using and whether or not it's an administrator account. Give this a try though....

1. Assuming you start Doom with a desktop shortcut
2. RIGHT click the shortcut.
3. A pop up should come up
4. Click "Run As"
5. Another pop up will come up.
6. Pick a user account that you are SURE has administrator priveledges on the PC, enter the password, and click OK.
7. Doom should run
8. See if the maps will download

BTW - if "Run As" is not on the popup in 4, hold SHIFT down when you right click the shortcut.

Please post again if it still acts up after trying everything we've posted.
Back to top Go down

problem guys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: problem guys!   problem guys! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 5:44 am

Good info here Rumble, it seems he has always trouble with connetions Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

problem guys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: problem guys!   problem guys! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

problem guys!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
{Kan} Forum :: Downloads-
Jump to: